Tuesday, May 13, 2008

In the garden


I love these little wood sorrel flowers. I used to pick bouquets of them as a child. I need to get some for my garden. These were growing wild in the cemetery. It's funny what one person considers a weed, another treasures!

I spent the day in the garden, planting my berries I ordered. We've been making smoothies almost every day for lunch, so I decided to try my hand at growing my own strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries. My toddler "helped" me by stepping in the holes I dug for them. He is learning about plants and what they produce, so the garden will be a learning experience for him this summer. He asked me if we were going to plant a milk and yogurt plant next! I had to explain about cows, again.

I've been trying to get around to making some journals all day, but just haven't had the energy. I must have worn myself out in the fresh air. I have one almost finished; it's a recycled Scooby Doo Fruit snack box. My son saw it tonight and got all excited thinking it was full of snacks. He got a surprise when he opened it and found nothing but blank pages! What's the good of that, he'd like to know!!

1 comment:

Julia said...

You'll have to keep us posted on how the berry growing goes! I love how you had to explain about cows, again :) Made me smile!

How are you feeling? Heaps better, I hope!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...