Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Busy weekend

Have you ever planned a kid's birthday party? If you have, then you know how much work it is! I am better able to appreciate all my mother did for my parties growing up!

I was mega-stressed the morning of the party because it was raining and all the party activities I had planned were outdoors! Normally I would have been in the backyard doing a rain dance because it's been so dry (see the pathetic brown grass?). No rain for two weeks and wouldn't you know, the morning of the party, it rains. Thankfully, it cleared up so we were able to continue as planned.

As a special treat, Grandpa borrowed a blow up jumpy thing from a friend and set it up in the backyard for the kids. Here is the party boy, having a trial run by himself before he gets run over by all his friends. That was always me in those jumpy things. I was the kid laying on my back, helplessly being bounced around by the big kids, trying desperately to get up. My fondest memories are when I had it all to myself!

Needless to say, I was exhausted after the party and got little else done over the weekend. I've been so tired my newest art magazines have been sitting on my desk since their arrival yesterday, untouched. That is unusual for me. I barely get them out of the mailbox before I'm poring over them. It's now Tuesday and I feel sufficiently recovered enough to post on my blog.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...