Monday, October 5, 2009

Blog Carnival: Halloween

This month's blog carnival theme for the Etsy Bloggers theme is to share your favorite Halloween memory from your childhood.

I loved going trick or treating with my neighborhood friends. We'd all go together in a group, with the moms in tow chatting and having as good a time as we were having.


Here I am at 5 years old with my little sister, ready for the big night! My costume was handmade by mom and she had me wear it every year for Halloween until I was 12. By then it was almost a mini skirt it came so far up my legs! I suppose she figured she spent all that time making the costume that I may as well get as much use out of it as I could. Besides, she didn't want to make another the next year!

To be honest, I was so sick of that costume after a couple of years and it took all the fun out of choosing what I wanted to be for Halloween.

My friends: "What are you going to be for Halloween this year?"
Me: "A princess." **big sigh**
My friends: "Again?! Haven't you been a princess for the last 10 years in a row?"

4 comments:

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

Hehe too funny...a princess for 10 years!

Splendid Little Stars said...

LOL!
But you are so cute!

Made by Melissa said...

haha! I was a cat every year... same headbandm same tail... I feel your pain!

Unknown said...

Lol, are you traumatized by princess stuff now ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...