Friday, December 18, 2009

Sparkles On My Ceiling

I finally got my lantern hung in the foyer! It's only been two years that it has been sitting in a box in the attic. I just love the patterns the lantern and water glass cast on the walls and ceiling.
When I bought this brass lantern in an antique store, it wasn't wired for electricity and had no glass, but I fell in love with it nonetheless! Lucky for me I have a hubby who was able to wire it up. We had an old chandelier we were replacing so we took the electric candles out and put them in this lantern. I cut the glass myself and managed to avoid serious injury (this is quite noteworthy as I am the world's biggest clutz).
Here it is with the lights off so you can see the detail. It's one of three of my favorite light fixtures. I'll show you the other two in another post!

4 comments:

Joy said...

Gorgeous! Great job!

Splendid Little Stars said...

It is so pretty and I love the patterns of light playing on the wall and ceiling!

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love special lights, and this one is super special. The reflection is awesome! My hubby is an lisenced electrican by trade, so if this light were mine, it may be in the attic for 2+ years too!

Memories for Life said...

Gorgeous! Glad you were able to get it up and in service :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...