Thursday, January 28, 2010

Fixing Up My Studio


Since I moved into my new studio space several weeks ago, I've been working on organizing and arranging things. This will be an ongoing process for me, so I will likely have a few follow up posts on this topic.


Here I am in my new space thinking about where to put everything...

I love my bright, sunny window! I had to drive nails in the window trim to keep the fleur de lis finials from bashing me in the head each time I open and close the curtains.



This tall, white cabinet was on the curb for the trash. My hubby picked it up on his way home from work one day, intending to use it in his garage. Heh heh! We see where it ended up, confiscated for my studio. It got a fresh coat of paint, new hardware, and I stamped this ivy design down the front door.

Everyone should have smoke detectors in their home and studio! Not lovely to look at, but a safety must- have. I thought about PhotoShopping it out (is that a verb??) but decided it would be a good reminder about fire safety. I also have a fire extinguisher in my studio. Hopefully I will never need it!

I found this orphaned drawer with the fabulous-cool lion hardware in a thrift shop. I wish I could have found the piece of furniture it originally went to. How does a drawer get separated from its place of origin anyway?? It has a big chip missing out of the front, but I think it just adds to the charm.

Stay tuned for more studio pictures. I have a wonderful new paper sorter to blog about! =)

10 comments:

Erika said...

I love the cabinets. I was looking through a catalog today for ideas for the sewing room. And great suggestions about the smoke alarm.

storybeader said...

great pics! looks like a nice bright room. Have fun in it (I'm jealous of your press - maybe one day I'll get one, or have DH make me one... I use a big phonebook at the present!) {:-D

BeadedTail said...

Your studio is so nice and bright and organized! My cats would love those feathers!

Emerson Bindery said...

Thanks all! The sunny lighting was one reason why I decided to move down the hall. It was a lot darker in my old studio...almost depressing.

Memories for Life said...

Oooo...I love the possibilities that come with a new craft space!
It all looks so good!

Anitra Cameron said...

How lovely and light-filled your studio is! And it makes me smile to know another artist friend is also organizing, even if I don't have a new studio as my reason, just my own lame-ittude!

TiLT said...

very nice...and I gotta say....love the tights!!!

Emerson Bindery said...

Thanks Tilt! I love wearing funky tights and socks...adds just the right amount of quirkiness to any outfit! :)

Porchlight Interiors said...

Great space...well done! Tracey xx

Splendid Little Stars said...

What a wonderful space! It looks like a lot of fun, as well! And those tights are just too cool!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...