Monday, February 22, 2010

I See The Light

Some of my favorites...

This lamp is amazing! It looks like something you'd find in a hobbit or a fairy's house. Jan makes the paper herself, cooking the raw fibers of hickory bark and the abaca plant and forming them into sheets which are wrapped around the twig framework. I fell in love with this lamp the moment I saw it!

Spicy Hot Pepper Table Luminary by ZienOnMain

Hot Pepper was inspired by a picture Cindy took in South Korea. Made from terra batik handmade paper and branches, it’s vibrant, fun, and casts a warm glow on a cold winter night. Very sculptural!

And last...
Chandelier with copper accents by SilverCityIron

This chandelier is handforged using traditional blacksmithing techniques and features fish-tail scrolls, copper wire banding and reclaimed copper candle holders. Corry often uses materials which are recycled and salvaged which adds to the character of each piece!

7 comments:

Jan Moulder said...

Beth, Thanks for featuring my lamp! Love your blog!
Jan

TiLT said...

very cool! love the one with the branches :)

Unknown said...

Great choices for your "I see the light" feature. Thanks for searching for my lamp and highlighting it!
Cindy

Unknown said...

Great choices for your "I see the light" feature. Thanks for searching for my lamp and highlighting it!
Cindy

storybeader said...

very nice - I like the hot pepper! and the chandelier is so pretty - have to be careful with it!

Memories for Life said...

Oooo...very cool!

knittingdragonflies said...

I love these non traditional lamps
Vicki

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...