Thursday, April 1, 2010

In One Hour...

I did an art journal page from start to finish. No fooling, really! Ok, I'm kind of late on the April Fools puns considering most of the day is now gone.

I actually remembered to take pictures as I progressed....



So here's the story behind the art. Today I went for a bike ride with DH through the woods by a stream. Very poetic sounding, but really it was just a glorified drainage ditch. I wish I brought my camera with me because the woods were beautiful with all their colors and sounds. We tend to think of terra cotta and ruby red as fall colors but I saw a lot of those colors blooming up in the trees.

The birds were calling to each other and the crickets were happily chirping. We stopped for a moment to listen to them and the water rushing by in the "stream". Truth: I was exhausted and had to take a break.

I am happy to report I kept up with DH including a small jump over a dirt hill, but unfortunately I am paying for it now. Time to get out the ice pack and heating pad! ;P

PS- I suppose I should mention DH was traveling with a handicap...our little guy in the child seat attached to DH's bike. Perhaps that is why I kept up so well.

7 comments:

storybeader said...

it's a beautiful picture. Glad you got outside - wish we had ditches like that! {:-D

Splendid Little Stars said...

love, love, love your journal pages! so inspiring!
Since today is so beautiful, I just want to jump on my (road) bike and ride away!

Memories for Life said...

Awesome page! I wish I could do more artistic pages like this...very envious :)

The ride sounds like fun too!

TiLT said...

I really like that page!!!

Lorrie Grainger Abdo said...

Hi, I can't find your email anywhere so I'm reaching you publicly here...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving the comment about Jan's work. Her work is beautiful and I was happy to share it with readers that may not have seen it.

Your books are wonderful. I've marked your blog as a favorite and will be back soon.

Lorrie Abdo
lorrieabdo.blogspot.com

Cindy Leaders said...

Yea art journaling! Very nice spread. Thanks for sharing!

Ani said...

Oh, it's beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...