Monday, April 26, 2010

There's No Place Like Home - And a Cool Vintage Pair Of Shoes

Okay, so I look more like the Wicked Witch than Dorothy in these, but I think they're the coolest shoes (and socks) ever!
These shoes are vintage 40's (?? any shoe experts out there ??) that came out of my grandma's closet. I used to play dress up in them as a kid and was so excited the day I grew into them and they fit! Fortunately for me my foot stopped growing at that point and they still fit.
Sadly they're as uncomfortable as hell because the padding is completely disintegrated but I'm sure I could replace it. I'm just scared to wear them outside...I'd be really mad if they got messed up!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a ring that I used to play with at my grandma's house. I'm 34 1/2 and it finally fits!

I absolutely love picture number 2!

Memories for Life said...

What a great find in grandma's closet!!!
They really do look like they're straight out of wizzard of oz...especially with the socks :)

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Those shoes are amazing!!! Like the socks too.. :D

The Handmade Biz said...

Its interesting how going through other peoples closets are more fun than going through our own :P

Cool shoes and socks!

Linda E. Pruitt said...

Love them! Love Wizard of OZ!

I'm a grandma, wonder what my grandkids would think is "cool" in my closet?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...