Friday, June 25, 2010

More Color Experimentation in Summer Themes

Things have still been demanding in my guest book shop this season, but I've left you all hanging long enough between posts. My bad. *hangs head and pokes at floor with toe*

Anyhow, I've been trying really hard to get some art journaling time in wherever I can. Even if I don't have time to actually journal I can prepare some pages ahead of time!
This one reminds me of a clear blue swimming pool.

Last year I posted about playing with color using those color-coordinated paint sample strips from the home improvement store. See that post here.
A very tropical feel. Pass the margaritas!

Well, I am at it again. It's fun to just do backgrounds because I don't have to think about it, I just play. At the end of the day my brain is fried from corresponding with customers and writing up listings. And it's better for me than vegging out in front of the TV (which I do as well).
Very beachy...sand dunes, maybe?

The combinations the paint manufacturers come up with aren't necessarily ones I would choose, but it's fun to do something different--it can really inspire fresh creativity to shake it up a bit!
A tall, cool glass of lemonade on a hot summer day!

I like the dots on this page. I could have filled the entire page with dots. It was hard to stop myself after just nine!

More experiments are coming! I had fun making these and sharing them with you, I hope you enjoyed them!

3 comments:

storybeader said...

looks like fun, painting paper. I'm looking at ways of decorating used paper, and never thought of using paint from the store. Do you buy an entire can?

Emerson Bindery said...

Hi Storybeader! Great to hear from you! No, I didn't buy the can of paint from the home improvement store, though I have used wall paint before in my art. I actually used the cheap little bottles of acrylics from Michaels and matched them up as closely as I could to the paint sample cards.

Paperfection said...

I love the beachy one, very elegant combination.
Nice way to start the creative process too, with those samples!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...